Here is the Recipe:
500ml cider vinegar
2 tsp mustard powder
1tsp chilli powder
2tsp coriander seeds
- Chop the courgette and onion as finely as possible. Put them into a heavy-based, stainless steel pan, and pour over the vinegar.
- Mix well and place on a gentle heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for one hour. Remember to open a window as the smell of vinegar can get a bit much.
- The relish needs to thicken and should resemble burger relish you can buy.
- When it is ready ladle into warm, sterilized jars with non-metallic vinegar-proof lids.
- The vinegar makes it taste a bit tart just after being made so leave for a month to let the flavours mature and the sweetness come through.
- This taste lovely with meat and also goes well with bread and cheese. So good luck and Enjoy.