Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fresh Pesto

 My basil was about to flower so I picked off all the tops and made some fresh pesto.  Picking the tops off the basil stops it from going into flower which helps it to last longer.  
My girls just love Pasta Pesto and its a really great tasty thing to make for supper when we are in a hurry. 
The other great thing about pesto is you can just put anything in it, I like it with lots of garlic and lemon.

 I used basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and a bit of salt and pepper. 
I first chopped the pine nuts in my little hand food processor, then I added all the other ingriedients and blended until it was a nice thick paste. I just mix it in with the pasta and added more oil and lemon to taste.    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment