Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin and Coconut Soup



Autumn is here now after a last minute burst of summer and its that time of year when there is an over load of pumpkins.  One of the best things about pumpkins is that they are really easy to grow and can be stored  over the winter.  There are many different things to do with them, they can be made in to anything from cakes, pies, pancakes, breads, halloween decorations to yummy, winter warming soups. 

Here is a recipe for pumpkin and coconut soup, I really like making this as its very quick and easy to make and of course very healthy.  The girls really like it as the coconut gives it a thick, sweet creamy taste that they love. 

  • I used half a pumpkin, one onion, half a can of coconut milk, a bit of salt and pepper and some fresh coriander. 
  •  I fried the onion in olive oil and added the pumpkin and a bit of water.  I let it boil for 5 minutes and then added the coconut milk, then I build it all until the pumpkin was soft.  I then added the coriander and blended it all together.  


Here is my little girl (3 bowls later) enjoying her soup.  I will try to make a pumpkin pie next.....


3 comments:

  1. Love to try it! I never used coconut before, first time fore everything...
    The pumpkin/feta recipe was a great succes!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love coconut milk, I use it a lot. I am going to try the pumpkin and feta one it sounds really good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definately am going to try this recipe!

    XX

    ReplyDelete